20 July 2016
Brand Marketing is the concept of branding where the brand name instantly informs customers about a company’s reputation, enabling them to trust the quality of each product or service the business offers.
“Buy our product! Our quality is better than others.” This is a famous tag line used when it comes to Brand Marketing.
When it comes to buying a product a person must first be familiar with the brand. By getting to know a brand ,the person can easily buy a product of their liking . Here the brand becomes important. A company must introduce their products or services to the public that they are better than the competitors. Apart from having unique, well made product or services, it should leave an impact on the consumers.
Lets take the example of food, when someone buys packaged food but the products only provides a standard name, such as “instant noodles”. Now with this the problem comes when the consumer wants to re-purchase the same product again but he can’t recall the name of the product, he will opt for another similar product. This happens because it did not have a strong brand name and the person eventually chooses another product.
Manufacturers of the product will lose potential customers. This was just the case with one person, but what if more people have the same problem? Manufacturers will potentially lose more revenue. This is why the brand marketing is important. This is a way brands communicate with potential customers.
As in the example above, a person can buy instant noodle on one occasion but not necessarily buy it again as the brand wasn’t clear and wasn’t marketed well. But with the brand marketing done the right way, a person can then re-purchase the product if are impressed with it.
Here are some tips from The Marketing Donut of how to maximize the reach of your brand.
• Define the brand – Know the products or services to be sold, scope, customer needs, and what makes it different from the competitors.
• Be Original. Don’t imitate a brand that is already popular. – Build a brand with its own identity that can attract the attention of potential customers. Having a different and unique brand means putting something new on the market.
• Be Creative, innovative, and stand on something you believe in. – Make changes as needed and adapt to markets demand.
• Build good relationships with customers. – Do not lie to customers, for a trust with the customers. Explaining the background of the company clearly.
• Helping consumers with clear and a consistent tone. – When a company is clear and consistant, it leaves a good impression on customers.
With brand awareness of the business, consumers will soon know the products / services without having to dig further. For example, Internet users now find all the information through Google searches. People do not hesitate to search for information on Google.
There are many other large companies that have long been building their brands so now people already know what the brand will use to meet their needs.
Companies that have conducted good brand marketing, don’t require to keep repeating their message as it has already left a clear impression in the minds of customers.
These are just a few ways to ensure that your brand is not only on the forefront of your customer’s minds, but also that that you portray the right information about your company that you want others to see.